The material difference
A complete point of sale for complete peace of mind.
Manage sales, inventory, customers, staff and marketing, synced in real-time to all your registers and sales channels.
Complete point of sale solution
- An iPad is all you need to get started. Build out your perfect hardware bundle from there, adding credit card terminals, barcode scanners, receipt printers and more, for a seamless in-store checkout experience. View all features
Powerful inventory management
- Easily track every stock adjustment, purchase order, sale, return and anything else, synced in real-time to all your in-store registers and online channels. Learn more
Deep customer relationships
- Rich profiles, unique loyalty programs, and integrated text and email messaging help build lasting, personal relationships with your customers that make them want to shop again. Learn more
Reporting designed for retailers
- Out-of-the-box and custom reporting that helps you understand sales and inventory changes across all your channels.
The last point of sale you'll ever need.
Every Material product and feature is thoughtfully designed for independent retailers. And with the right toolkit, our merchants see great results.
Merchants on average see a 2x lift in online sales after joining our marketplace.
On average, our merchants grew 3x faster than their competitors who are not using Material.
Hundreds of stores process millions of dollars through Material each year, so you know you're in good hands.
99% of merchants who joined our platform in the last 24 months are still using it. Once you try Material, you'll love it.
To the point pricing.
Point of sale starter plan
Everything you need for retail success.
Point of sale starter plan
Everything you need for retail success.
- Point of sale software (1 register)
- Marketplace access
- Custom ecommerce site
- CRM features - loyalty program, SMS and more
- Inventory management and reporting
Get startedSee our bundle pricing
To the point pricing.
Sign up for free. No credit card required.
- Create an account today to see the point of sale in action. Pay only when you outgrow the free plan.
All the support and training you need.
- We'll be right be your side, from initial setup through processing your 100th sale and beyond. Our support team is available via phone, email or video call anytime. We'll even help train new employees as you hire them.
Switch plans or cancel anytime.
- We don't lock you into a contract. If you're not happy with your plan, you can switch plans or cancel at anytime.
The retail toolkit
All the features you need, designed with the modern independent retailer in mind.
iPad checkout app
- Designed with simplicity and ease-of-use in mind, our iPad app makes checking out customers, at the counter or on the go, a breeze.
Credit card readers
- Connect one or more credit card terminals of various form factors and capabilities. Choose to mount a terminal on your counter, or use a handheld device around the store. Use contactless payments, like Apply Pay, for even faster checkout.
- Use our handheld bluetooth or wired barcode scanners to easily scan items during checkout or when doing inventory counts.
Custom payment methods
- Easily customize the payment methods available at checkout to anything your customers use, like check, Venmo, or even crypto.
- Our checkout app works great offline too, so your business doesn't come to a halt if the internet goes out. Once you're back online, our intelligent sync will make sure all sales and updates are saved to the cloud.
- Easily accept layaways and partial payments to let your customers pay over time. See customers' payment history and amount owed all within the app.
- Enter new purchase orders quickly and accurately. Accept partial deliveries as they arrive. We make it easy to keep your inventory accurate.
Multi-location inventory tracking
- View your inventory at each location and transfer between locations with just a few clicks. Sales always pull inventory from the correct location.
- Things happen, and sometimes inventory needs to be adjusted up or down. We make it easy to adjust inventory, while ensuring that every change is tracked and auditable. Use roles and permissions to restrict who can make adjustments.
- Generate and print barcode labels for your products with ease, using the printer and label paper of your choosing.
- Get seller access to any marketplace in the Material Marketplace Network, including Shoptiques.com and ShopKids.com. Start selling online today.
Custom ecommerce website
- With our beautiful out-of-the-box website templates, you won't need to spend money hiring a web designer. With easy sync between in-store and online channels, your ecommerce store will be running in no time.
Online order fulfillment
- Fulfill ecommerce orders with ease. Purchase and print discounted shipping labels directly from the website. Multi-location businesses can use our smart fulfillment defaults, or set their own rules for how orders are fulfilled.
Multiple delivery methods
- Offer delivery or in-store pickup to your customers so they can get their order exactly how they want to.
Rich customer profiles
- Save important customer information such as phone number, email, address, size preferences, favorite brands and more. Quickly view total spend, last purchase date and other important first party data.
- Use personal and conversational text messaging to further engage with your customers to offer support, promotions, loyalty reward updates, and more.
Custom loyalty programs
- Engage your customers with a customizable loyalty program. Configure rewards and point values, expirations and more, so you can offer exactly the program you want. Notify customers after they receive a new reward discount with our automated SMS programs.
- Use our built-in timesheets to track employee hours and sales attribution. Simplify your payroll using our timesheet management tools.
Roles & permissions
- Use roles and permissions to limit what your employees can and cannot do in the system. From new sales associates to managers, we have default roles that make it easy to onboard employees quickly and securely.
- Easily assign sales or even specific items within a sale to employees, so they can be sure to get credit for the sale.
- Give employees unique and easy-to-remember PINs to quickly access the iPad register. Each log-in is synced back to employee timesheets.
- View comprehensive reports on employee sales performance, so you always know who your top sales associates are.
- Whether you have one employee or 1,000, we don't limit the number of employee accounts you can create.
point of sale
customer relationship management
Frequently asked questions
Can I import data from my existing system (inventory, customers etc)?
- Yes, we will work with you to migrate your data. We can import inventory your inventory and customers, and other data you like, allowing you to get started seamlessly and without losing data in the process.
What are your credit card processing fees for in-store sales?
- We offer competitive rates and if you're switching from another system, we guarantee we'll beat your existing rate. During onboarding, we'll ask for a recent processing statement and can usually beat your current rate by about 10%.
Do you offer training for my staff?
- Once you sign up, you'll be introduced to your account manager who will walk you through the getting started process. We usually do a few training sessions with store owners first and then bring in employees as needed. Training and support is included in paid plans.
I have a Shopify website. What happens to that?
- You'll have two options. You can either use our Shopify integration to sync your online inventory to Material, or you can switch to our ecommerce web builder and cut the expense and time that comes with managing a Shopify store.
Do you offer a free trial?
- Most of our products have a generous free tier, allowing you to sign up and get a feel for the product before you spend money on it. Notable exceptions are Managed Services. Sign up today and try us out!
Can I change my plan later?
- Yes, you can upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time. There are no contracts and no long-term committments.
What credit card processing rates do you offer?
- For in-store processing, we have integrations with several card processing partners. Our partners guarantee they will beat your current processing rates. During onboarding, we will ask for a processing statement so that we may provide you a custom quote.
How does billing work?
- We bill on a monthly basis, unless you've requested annual billing, and will automatically charge the credit card on file. You can always, pause, cancel, upgrade, or downgrade service anytime.